MICHAEL R. HARDING
President / Portfolio Manager, CFP®
Michael R. Harding was born, raised, and educated in Columbus, Ohio, graduating from The Ohio State University with a degree in Financial Management.
Michael brings 18 years of professional investment experience to the table. Prior to founding the Harding Financial Group in 2005, Michael spent 8 years at Morgan Stanley and Merrill Lynch developing conservative investment strategies for high net worth families and managing over $160 million dollars of individual client assets.
Ongoing professional growth and education is important to Michael. Over the past 18 years Michael has earned various certifications and licensures:
College of Financial Planning – Certified Financial Planner™ (CFP)
- The CFP is awarded to individuals with a college degree, significant work experience, and the highest levels of commitment to ethical standards and professional responsibility. CFP certification also requires 18 months of specialized educational course work and successfully passing a comprehensive 10 hour exam.
Additional Professional Studies
- Certified Financial Management program. Wealth Management advanced studies exclusively for Merrill Lynch executives: sophisticated global investment strategies, comprehensive asset management, estate planning, trust and charitable giving solutions.
- Retirement Planning Specialist program. Morgan Stanley financial training with retirement planning specialization.
- Series 65 – Uniform Investment Advisor Law
- Series 63 – Uniform Securities Agent State Law
- Series 31 – Futures Managed Funds
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative
- Licensed Investment Advisor
- Morgan Stanley: Directors Award for a performance in the top 3% of his peers nationwide
- Merrill Lynch: Executive Club award for superior national performance
- American Funds: All American Club in recognition of Michael’s consistent utilization of sound investment principles
- Safari Club International Sportsmen Against Hunger
- Catch a Dream Foundation